About MC THEATER
MC Theater is thé venue for urban arts. A house for theater, live music, dance and club nights. In MC Theater you will hear and see what's hot, and what will be big soon.
MC Theater is built in the Zuiveringshal Oost (purification building) of the old but fully renewed Westergasfabriek - where the gas used to be blown through large boilers. A beautiful merge of an industrial building with modern architecture where now tradition and experiment experiences meet to create vibrant new art forms.
Expect i.a. - the following in the new upcoming season at the MC Theater:
* Work of new theater makers during the series MC Werktitels, MC's Flying Solo Festival and the Amsterdam Fringe Festival
* Concerts of the latest jazz and soul musicians and a new festival – in collaboration with North Sea Jazz Club and Paradiso
* Youth Theater in the series MC Family
* The monthly MC TORI (theatrical jam sessions) on a Sunday afternoon
* Contemporary South African art and music during Afro Vibes Festival
* Latest electronic acts on MC's Electric Avenue (in collaboration with ADE amongst others)
* Modern dance by Alida Dors, Solid Ground Movement
A complete overview of MC Theater program can be found here
Until 2012 MC was a production house with an infrastructure to develop and produce theater. MC continues its mission with the foundation MC.nu - a core production department associated with MC Theater. MC.nu produces its own theater and events and offers a platform for independent creators who can be seen regularly in MC Theater.